I do not know how many of us have come across this wonderful person personally or through internet,books,TV programmes and newspapers etc. I came across this person in Wikipedia, my friend in idle time.The article on this person bewildered me and I wondered that how it could be possible. I did not give a thought to check the authenticity of the information for I trusted my friend,Wikipedia. Kim Peek is probably the world most famous savant.Mentally retarded at birth he got the enormous support from his father and by dint of which he developed unmatched memorable skills. It is said that he reads a book at a phenomenal pace and can remember 98% of what he has swallowed,memorizing vast amount of information in different subject areas like geography,music,sports,numbers,dates etc. He can recall 12000 books from memory.He reads the left page with th left eye and the right page with the right eye.It is said that his neurons make some connections which results in an increased memory capacity. The movie Rain Man is based on his life.
I have not covered more details of Kim Peek in this blog. I have just keyed down some lines to make the readers aware of Kim Peek who have not heard his name.More details can be read in wikipedia or just make use of the following url
http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/misc/kimpeek.html.
Really God's creation is strange. A disable person with some rare abilities. Please go through links which I have mentioned in my blog. I am sure you will be thrilled.
I have not covered more details of Kim Peek in this blog. I have just keyed down some lines to make the readers aware of Kim Peek who have not heard his name.More details can be read in wikipedia or just make use of the following url
http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/misc/kimpeek.html.
Really God's creation is strange. A disable person with some rare abilities. Please go through links which I have mentioned in my blog. I am sure you will be thrilled.
2 comments:
"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results" and one such thread is www.newzly.com submit this post and connect with a new world of members who appreciate. The top voted posts will be emailed to more than 1200 registered members each day.
I don't know whether you know this or not but guess what. Kim Peek was totally dependent upon his 80 something years old father even to get his hair combed. He was a mentally disabled person who could remember things in tons but was totally unable to use the facts to draw any conclusion. He could think only slightly, was unable to do or understand any mathematics and had the minimal social abilities.
In spite of all his disabilities he was one human being who could be said as awe-inspiring, king of savants.
Post a Comment